Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More

suburbanguerrilla@verizon.net
ATOM FEED
RSS FEED
about
home

ARCHIVES

AIR AMERICA LIVE FEED

WXPN-FM

WHOLEWHEAT RADIO

EAGLE FM ONLINE

BEATLES-A-RAMA

MY WISH LIST

A Sponsor of Cover The Uninsured Week

Support This Site

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

Blogarama

www.blogwise.com Suburban Guerrilla

[Powered by Blogger]

Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site! Listed on BlogShares

Friday, January 28, 2005


THAT LIBERAL MEDIA

Well, I still haven't found the Nightline transcript, but I did find this post at Daily Kos from someone who was there. Apparently it was heavily edited:
So, it went on this way, with the pro-war side taking precedence.

Then, during the third commercial break Rabbi [Arthur] Waskow stood up and loudly said, "I was invited here to speak, but then was told I could you would not allow anyone from the religious community to sit in the front row and that I would be allowed to make a comment later if I would take a seat in back. But now I have been told that I will not be allowed to speak at all."
(Upon hearing that, I realized that nobody had spoken from a religious/faith based perspective, and wondered if that was indeed intentional).

He went on, "So I will ask my question now during the break so as not to cause embarrassment to you, Mr. Koppel."

Ted Koppel said, "Thank you, go ahead."

The Rabbi spoke: "You do not want the religious community to speak because we DO see the BIG picture (referencing a marine who had spoken earlier, saying that people who were for ending the occupation in Iraq did not see the big picture).

"We know the story of the Pharoah, who tried to hold back God's people, and that the Pharoah's lust for power was so great that we pushed his army against the Hebrews again and again no matter how many times he failed... he continued to deny the circumstances until the army of Egypt was beat down and depleted at the expense of his subjects." (I wish I could communicate the eloquence with which he spoke)...

"President Bush is the Pharoah, and he has stripped the American people of basic social services such as healthcare and education in order to arrogantly keep up his holy war. I will no longer stand for the U.S. government and the media denying the religious community our voice. The common people of the United States and of Iraq and elsewhere are suffering."

Then he said he was done, (there was definitely some applause during parts of his speech) and he was escorted out the church where the Nightline episode was being taped.

Antother outburst happened toward the last half hour when a tall older African American gentleman went up to a mic without permission and said, "ask Richard Perle about the PNAC... that's all I've got to say... I'm outa here!"

***
I think they will probably re-shoot Ted Koppel's closing. [NOTE: They did.]

I just wanted you to post this so the whole story could get out there... pass it on as you deem appropriate.

I am really feeling at this moment that the media is intentionally trying to appear as they foster "free speech" and "open dialogue", but are actually doing everything they can to keep dissenting views muted and to a minimum.
UPDATE: I corrected some of the spelling to make it more readable and added a link to Rabbi Waskow's center here in Philadelphia.

| |