Friday, March 26, 2004
IF IT'S FRIDAY, IT MUST BE MOVIE DAY
It was just one week ago we had four inches of snow outside. Today, it's about 70 degrees out and my sliding doors are open. Loving it...
Just came back from the multiplex, where we saw "Jersey Girl." Sorry to say, it's only a a B minus.
It was too sloppily sentimental for my taste. Even George Carlin couldn't quite save it from insulin overdose, and Kevin Smith falls back on some really dumb cliched moments. (Plus, the kid is just a tad too cute. I raised two, and I can tell you: They don't
all act as if there's a camera in the room, waiting to show how adorable they are.)
This
David Ansen review pretty much sums up how I feel. And remember, I really, really wanted to like this movie. It was just okay.
|
|