Monday, March 29, 2004
BIG DOG
I'm watching the C-SPAN rerun of Clinton's speech at the Democratic Unity dinner for, oh, maybe the third time. I'm always impressed by what a compelling speaker he is. (Particularly since I remember his famously bad nominating speech for Dukakis. "Dear God, won't someone shut this guy
up?" I thought to myself.)
I wish he'd give John Kerry some help with public speaking. Clinton succinctly described the Republican tax cuts as "taking the Social Security checks of the people serving us dinner tonight and endorsing them over to me." Imagine how painful it would be to hear John Kerry stumble his way to the right rhetorical image...
Yeah, yeah, yeah. We're going to vote for him, anyway. But part of leadership is the quality of
vision, and the ability to convey it. Someone really needs to work with Kerry on his public speaking.
|
|