Monday, December 29, 2003
WE PAUSE FOR A BRIEF ANNOUNCEMENT
In the grand tradition of the Rittenhouse Review's
TRR, I've started a new blog.
It's called
The Bitching Post, and it's really just an anarchist advice column. Think of a cross between
Dan Savage,
Ask Isadora,
Mr. Blue,
Ann Landers,
Dear Prudence and
Jonathan Cainer. Only better, with the same unique blend of deep insight and utter oblivion you've come to expect from the Suburban Guerrilla.
Ask anything. If I don't know the answer, I'll make up something plausible.
The idea came to me when I was watching a bad movie on HBO yesterday with a friend. (Hey, the Eagles already played Saturday night. What else are you gonna do on a Sunday afternoon?) I think it was called "Good Advice" and it starred Charlie Sheen as a fired stockbroker who takes over his girlfriend's really bad advice column after she dumps him. Naturally, it becomes a huge hit.
My friend poked me. "You should do that," he said. "You'd be
great."
Well, I'm a pretty good writer. You never know, maybe I can get a syndication deal. (If I can stop saying "fuck" all the time. Shit, I didn't think of that...)
A few ground rules:
No private correspondence. If you write it, it gets answered publicly.
Actually, I think that's the only ground rule. For now, anyway.
Send letters to the same email address - madrak at ospolitics.org (only with an @). Hope to hear from all y'all.
|
|