Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More

suburbanguerrilla@verizon.net
ATOM FEED
RSS FEED
about
home

ARCHIVES

AIR AMERICA LIVE FEED

WXPN-FM

WHOLEWHEAT RADIO

EAGLE FM ONLINE

BEATLES-A-RAMA

MY WISH LIST

A Sponsor of Cover The Uninsured Week

Support This Site

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

Blogarama

www.blogwise.com Suburban Guerrilla

[Powered by Blogger]

Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site! Listed on BlogShares

Tuesday, September 23, 2003


Digby says it all for you.
I wish it were 1972 again or even 1992 again and I could feel sanguine that the United States was going to toddle along, for better or worse, under a basic bipartisan consensus that recognized certain constitutional boundaries and limits that could not be breached. I wish that we had an independent media that was less focused on entertainment values and instead recognized that it had an intrinsically important role in democracy. I wish that we were not in the grip of a revolution in technology and communications at the same time as a radical group of idealists have seized power. I wish we had the luxury of choosing candidates purely on the basis of their commitment to a bottom-up revolution of the people and progressive ideas.

Unfortunately, it is not that time. The modern Republican party presents a clear and present danger to everything we hold dear --- the social safety net, the rule of law, civil liberties, consumer protection, a clean environment, international legitimacy --- everything. They envision a one-party state. They mean to completely and thoroughly change the way this country works.
Great piece. Read it all.

| |